- To work actively with new Scouts in the Baden-Powell program. The Troop Guides introduce new Scouts to troop operations and helps them feel comfortable in the troop.
Troop Guide duties:
- Help new Scouts earn advancement requirements through First Class.
- Advise patrol leader on his duties and responsibilities at Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) meetings.
- Attend Patrol Leaders Council (PLC) meetings with the New Scout Patrol Leader.
- Prevent harassment of new Scouts by older Scouts.
- Help Assistant Scoutmaster train new Scouts by older Scouts.
- Guide new Scouts through early troop experiences to help them become comfortable in the troop and the outdoors.
- Teach basic Scout skills.
- Have good attendance at Troop meeting.
- Attends at least 2/3 of each event type during his service period.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the Scout Uniform correctly.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Show Scout spirit.
Return to the Youth Leaders – Job Descriptions