- The Senior Patrol Leader is elected by the Scouts to represent them as the top junior leader in the troop.
Senior Patrol Leader duties:
- Preside at all troop meetings, events, activities, and the annual program planning conference.
- Chair the Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) meeting once a month. Attends at least 5/6 of the PLC meetings occurring during his service period.
- Appointed other boy leaders with the advice and consent of the Scoutmaster.
- Assign duties and responsibilities to other junior leaders.
- Assists with Scoutmaster in training junior leaders.
- Delegates task to the ASPLs. Makes sure an ASPL attends any meeting/function he will not be able to attend (Troop Meeting, PLC, Committee Meeting, campout/outing etc.)
- Oversees the planning efforts of Scouts for all Troop campouts (whether he attends these outing or not).
- Has good attendance at Troop meeting.
- Attends at least 2/3 of each event type during his service period.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the Scout Uniform correctly.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Show Scout spirit.
Return to the Youth Leaders – Job Descriptions