Job Description: An Order of the Arrow Troop Representative is a youth liaison serving between the local OA lodge or chapter and his troop. In his troop, he serves as a communication and programmatic link to the Arrowman and adult leaders and Scouts who are not presently members of the Order. He does this in a fashion that strengthens the mission of the lodge and purpose of the Order. By setting a good example, he enhances the image of the Order as a service arm to his troop.
Reports to: The Senior Patrol Leader
OA Troop Representative duties:
- Serves as a communication link between the lodge or chapter and the troop.
- Encourages year round and resident camping in the troop.
- Encourages older Scout participation in high adventure programs.
- Encourages Scouts to actively participate in community service projects.
- Assists with leadership skills training in the troop.
- Encourages Arrowmen to assume leadership positions in the troop.
- Encourages Arrowmen in the troop to be active participants in the lodge and/or chapter activities and to seal their membership in the Order by becoming Brotherhood members.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath, Scout Law and OA Obligation .
- Shows Scout spirit
OA Troop Representative Qualifications:
- Under 18 years old
- Appointed by SPL with SM approval
- OA Member in good standing
Return to the Youth Leaders – Job Descriptions