- The Junior Assistant Scoutmaster serves in the capacity of an Assistant Scoutmaster except where legal age and maturity are required. He must be at least 16 years old and not yet 18 and be an Eagle Scout. He is appointed by the Scoutmaster because of his demonstrated leadership ability.
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster duties:
- Function as an Assistant Scoutmaster (except for leadership responsibilities reserved for adults 18 and 21 years of age or older).
- Accomplish any duties assigned by the Scoutmaster.
- Attends at least 5/6 of the PLC meetings occurring during his service period.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the Scout uniform correctly.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Show Scout spirit.
Return to the Youth Leaders – Job Descriptions