- The Chaplain Aide works with the Troop Chaplain to meet the religious needs of the Scouts in the troop. He also works to promote the religious emblems program.
Chaplain Aide duties:
- Keep troop leader appraised of religious holidays when planning activities.
- Assist Chaplain or religious coordinator in meeting the religious needs of troop members while on activities.
- Encourage saying grace at meals while camping or on activities.
- Tell Scouts about the religious emblem program of their faith.
- Help plan for religious observance in troop activities.
- Attends at least 2/3 of each event type during his service period.
- Set a good example.
- Enthusiastically wear the Scout uniform correctly.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Show Scout spirit.
Return to the Youth Leaders – Job Descriptions