- The Assistant Patrol Leader is appointed by the Patrol Leader and leads the patrol in his absence.
Assistant Patrol Leader duties:
- Assist the Patrol Leader in:
- – planning and leading patrol meetings and activities.
- – keeping patrol members informed.
- – preparing your patrol to take part in all troop activities.
- and steer patrol meetings and activities
- Take charge of the patrol in the absence of the Patrol Leader.
- Represent the patrol at Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) meetings in the absence of the Patrol Leader.
- Work with the other troop leaders to make the troop run well.
- Attends at least 2/3 of each event type during his service period.
- Help develop patrol spirit.
- Set a good example.
- Wear the Scout Uniform correctly.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Show Scout Spirit.
Return to the Youth Leaders – Job Descriptions