- 1. Be active in your troop or patrol for at least 6 months as a Star Scout.
- 2. Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
- 3. Earn five more merit badges (so that you have 11 in all), including any three more from the required list for Eagle. (A Scout may choose any of the 15 required merit badges in the 12 categories to fulfill this requirement.)
- 4. While a Star Scout, take part in service projects totaling at least 6 hours of work. These projects must be approved by your Scoutmaster.
- 5. While a Star Scout, serve actively for 6 months in one or more of the troop positions of responsibility listed in requirement 5 for Star Scout (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help the troop).
- 6. Take part in a Scoutmaster conference and Board of Review.
- 7. Complete your board of review.