As an American I will do my best to:
- Be clean in my outdoor manners,
- I will treat the outdoors as a heritage. I will take care of it for myself and others. I will keep my trash and garbage out of lakes, streams, fields, woods, and roadways.
- Be careful with fire,
- I will prevent wildfire. I will build my fires only where they are appropriate. When I have finished using a fire, I will make sure it is cold-out. I will leave a clean fire ring, or remove all evidence of my fire.
- Be considerate in the outdoors,
- I will treat public and private property with respect. I will use low-impact methods of hiking and camping.
- Be conservation-minded.
- I will learn how to practice good conservation of soil, waters, forests, minerals, grasslands, wildlife, and energy. I will urge others to do the same.
Return to the BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA